FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the qualifications for Employment Training Programs?
- Company is a for-profit business that pays into the Employment Training Tax (ETT)
- Participants must provide Social Security numbers
- If business has a union, they must have a letter of support for the training
- Must be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Participants must be full time at 35 hours per week
- Employers must have no more than 20% turnover rate in the prior calendar year
- Trainees must earn a minimum rate, including any paid medical and/or dental benefits: $16.16 Riverside and San Bernardino Counties; $16.72 San Diego County; $16.96 Los Angeles County; and $17.22 Orange County.
- Reimbursement for training is capped at 200 hours per-trainee per contract
- Training ratio: 1 trainer for every 20 attendees. OSHA 1 trainer for every 40 attendees.
- Participants cannot be enrolled in the same Job Number more than once within the same project
- Relocation: Employers that relocate outside of CA, close or transfer an employee in less than 90 days are liable for repayment to ETP
- Payments: A trainee must be enrolled and must have completed at least 8 hours of training before any payments will be made
What is the preferred number of attendees to have an on-site workshop at my business?
- Twenty (20) employees.
If you have less let us know and we will invite you to our open workshops in the Riverside area.
Riverside Community College District
Office of Economic Development
23555 Meyer Dr., Riverside, CA 92518